Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Master Bedroom Inspiration

So, we've been in our house for 2 whole years now. We've done some painting and some decorating in the living room, front bathroom, and a little in the dining room. Of course we did an overhaul on the nursery but, every other room is really lacking a few things! I'm always looking up interior decorating ideas. Today I really focused on master bedroom ideas. I found a few things that I love on houzz {my new love for all things interior decor} and I'm just going to share those - who knows...maybe someone will find my ideas inspiring! :) {Although, my taste is usually a little much for most people, lol.}

Here's my inspiration-
Source: houzz.com via Ashley on Pinterest



Obviously I found my inspiration by searching for orange and teal, haha...but, I've decided not to use orange in our bedroom. Even though it's my most favorite color and everything I own could probably be orange and white and I would be happy...I'm going to attempt not to go overboard with the orange, lol. :)

Here's my actual color palette and a few things that I believe would look really great in our room from polyvore-

Source: polyvore.com via Ashley on Pinterest



When Jerry and I were deciding on a paint color for the living room, we tried out a dark bright blue {think cobalt, but not quite as bright} on the fireplace wall. It didn't work for the living room because, we didn't have anything else to tie that color to the room. We've discussed this color before and both really like it. So, by gosh...we're going to use it in our bedroom! Our "sanctuary"...that's what they say it should be, anyway. :) Our walls are already an icy light blue in our room, so we're not going to paint, just bring that dark bright blue color in the room with accessories, paintings, pillows, etc.
I may end up adding one more accent color. We'll see. I was thinking a green but, who knows!
It seems like everything I found on polyvore was super expensive. I know I could get similar items for a lot less. I would definitely hit up Marshalls, Ross, Home Goods, TJ Maxx...I know those places would have what I'm looking for. I mean, have you SEEN the awesome lamps at Home Goods? OMG. I will need new bedding and new window treatments.
As we start implenting our new color scheme/design I'll post some pics!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment