Thursday, January 12, 2012

T & L's 1st Birthday!

It's been two months since Trent and Lila turned 1. Time really does fly! I just wanted to share some pictures from their first birthday party. Not to brag...but, I feel like it's one for the record books and I hope they enjoy every picture we have of it when they get older!



I made several things for their party and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. The yarn pom poms {with the help of my sweet friend, Mary} turned out so cute. Those little table decorations with the popcorn boxes are probably one of my favorite elements of this party! I've also probably never seen many decorations cuter than the small yarn pom poms on the tops of their individual cakes. I purchased .pdfs from etsy.com for the cupcake toppers, favor tags, highchair garland, and lollipop tags. I just cut them either with scissors or a decorative 2" hole punch {great investment!} A party feels so much more special when you've done more personal decorating, I think. So thankful I have the creativity and some of the time to get it all done!




The Birthday Babies -
Trent wore suspenders and a personalized carnival shirt. Lila wore a tutu that I made with a personalized carnival shirt! Thanks Tea Party Designs for the iron-ons! 




Jerry had an idea to dress up their highchairs, so we made the names and strung out yarn under the tray topper. I also made these 1st Birthday party hats - so easy! Just printed out a template, cute a white box and then folded accordingly. I cut out # 1's from felt and stuck those on with double-sided tape and stuck one of the pom poms on top and a cute trim around the bottom. No gluing, only used tape. I took a hole punch and put a hole on either side to string through the yarn to tie it under their chins.




I really felt like the dessert table was important! I made the table decor {popcorn buckets,} cupcake stands, lollipop holder box, and put labels on all the favors of cotton candy. I got the table skirt from a local party and the red and white striped fabric is from a local craft store. I hope people were impressed. I really wanted everyone to like it. Thanks to my mom-in-law for baking those delicious cupcakes! That was one less thing on my to-do list! :)








Trent and Lila's cousins Ben and Dylan were huge helps on the day of the party! Thanks guys!!








 We had a few games and a bounce house, so we had to have prizes...right? I got a bunch off of Oriental Trading. We had the duck pond game {yes, one kid ended up with her feet in the pond!} Kids {and adults} also played a game where you throw bean bags and knock down some cans, and cornhole.








 We had face painting too! Check out Nikki's Nifty Creations and book her for your next party!





Cake time! My kids tore those cakes up!











We appreciate so many people coming to the party! I know Trent and Lila felt the love! :) Thanks so much to all our helpers that day too! You know who you are and I hope you know how much we looove you! :)





Thanks Nicole - True Blend Photography for being here at the party and taking pictures to help us remember this special day!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. It was a totally, wonderfully, awesome 1st Birthday Party for Trent and Lila...and the rest of us!!!

    ReplyDelete